Sunday, December 4, 2011

Building a Base

I want to ride the bike like Julie Dibens. She's unreal on the bike! And I want it! Can someone get it to me without me having to get off the couch? No? *le sigh* Didn't think so. I haven't gotten a road bike yet, but I am actively trolling used ads looking for one. I think I've found a bike trainer that I hope to pick up this week. It's supposed to work with my mountain bike. As long as I can pedal in the dry and warm.

I'd forgotten how much of a fish I am. I love going to the pool. I hate having to get up early to go. Yet, like every thing else in my life, I'm a lazy swimmer. Much better floater than swimmer and I'm all kick and no arms. It's been a bit of a challenge learning to kick less and focus on a smoother stroke. I've already increased my distance  with no extra effort. Technique makes all the difference.

Running is proving to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be. My knees hurt! All the time. I think they're just being cranky pants because they love the pool so much.

Too bad, Knees! I own you! Quit your bitchin'!
That's right. I told them. Please, please listen!


Ah, food. You are my downfall. After weeks of not getting the scale to move, I pulled out a tool that guarantees success-- if you use it. My food journal! It's day 2. So far, so good.

Consistency isn't my strong suit. But I have my wing man, before he decided to be all independent and pout-y like old Bats. He's too cute to leave at home, all alone.

It's also easy to spot the diet derailleurs (ha! bike humor). 

No comments:

Post a Comment