Saturday, January 7, 2012

Not the End of the World

I skipped a workout! Gah! The world is coming to an end!


Okay, not really. NO EXCUSES. No worries. I made it up this morning. Yep. Made. It. Up. Just a bump on the path of excellence, not a derailment. I'm usually the train wreck person, but I've set that drama diva aside.


I wasn't driving this wreck.

Yesterday, I woke up at 4:30, drove 40 minutes to and from the pool I'm using this month, swam, biked and opened the store. It was a great day. Got groceries, cooked supper, visited my brother and nephew. And then, instead of doing my workout, I turned off the TV, picked up a book and read until I feel asleep. It was blessedly wonderful. I too often spend free time with the distraction of the TV or laptop. Turning them off, turning me off was just what I needed.


Yesterday is accounted for and today is on track. Skipping workouts is not something I want to get in the habit of, but ignoring me isn't something I'm going to do either. No excuses, just do it, make it work-- whatever catch phrase you use, get your plan on!


Why are you working out? What's the point of your workout? Have a dream? Get a goal. Then, have a clear reason you are working towards that goal. Coming up with a reason is not easy. And, if you're like me, the reasons will change over time. I think that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment