Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Doctor Says

Went to the doctor. He said I could start running!(in 3 weeks)

He also said the bone spurs were not going to go away, surgery is still an option but it wouldn't really fix anything, and then he spent about 4 minutes saying I probably shouldn't run without actually saying I shouldn't run. At least my doctor knows me :D

Anyway, I'm supposed to spend the next 3 weeks in "light" activity and trying to gently stretch the tendons in my foot and ankle. I guess this beats cutting and reattaching them.

I solemnly swear to rebuild slowly and do fewer idiotic things.

On a side note, I had to fill out new paperwork with the doctor's office. One form wanted to know my RACE and ETHNICITY. I thought those were the same thing and really, what business is it of the office to know these things. So to this first, I answered SLOW and to the second, I answered HUMAN. The nurse was not amused. She waved 2 laminated sheets under my nose with the only acceptable options. There were a lot of options. My eyes glazed over staring at these ridiculous lists! "It's required for reporting," the nurse insisted. WTH is my doctor's office reporting and to whom? The answers were unclear and I didn't feel much like fighting today. I am HUMAN. We are all HUMAN. There is only one RACE of people, not 3 dozen (That I know of. There could be aliens or X-Men among us. I'm not giving up hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment