Sunday, December 9, 2012

Planning the Start of a Season

Part 2 of my plan to keep my focus while my foot is out of commission is planning next year's races. Winter races are out. Some of my favorite races have been the winter races. The Knoxville Tack Club has a fantastic winter long course series. However, I am going to try to volunteering for at least 2 races this winter. I really enjoy volunteering. My winter plan is hibernating riding the indoor trainer and working on my core. GRRR! Go get it!

The race I really want to be ready for this spring is Rev 3 Knoxville. This time I will conquer the cold Tennessee River. May 6... Five months to be ready. And I don't know when I'll be able to run. And I have no idea when the pool will open (it's closed due to mechanical issues; we can check back January 7). Uncertainty. Life isn't perfect. I can't predict the future. Still, signing up for it :D

The Knoxville Marathon 5K race is April 7. This will be a perfect check on my running. Hoping for a PR! I'll  fit in a pool sprint between the 5K and Rev3 as a transition practice. I suck at transition. But that's another blog post. Three races for the spring, think I'll stop there.

I do have 1 summer race already on the calendar, Amica 19.7 in Lenoir City. I did this race last year and it was the most fun I had at a race all year. Some of my tri friends are doing it again this year it and I can steal borrow a boat and make it a weekend :D Or we could rent a house on the golf course. Have I ever mentioned how bad I suck at golf!

Me on a golf course would be endlessly funny... unless, you're a serious golfer and then you'll probably just want to bury me under the course...

How do you plan your race calendar? Are there any races you have to do every year?

No comments:

Post a Comment