Monday, December 8, 2014

Chicken Nugget Meatballs!

Melissa over at I Breathe... I'm Hungry is brilliant! Absolutely amazballs! And I say that because she has this brilliant idea called "Meatball Mondays." Just search that term and pick one. Amazing! I made Chicken Nugget Meatballs last week and again this week. I ate them hot, cold, threw some in the freezer.

Green on the plate ;)
The twins devoured them. My younger nephew loved them (asked for leftovers the next day). Mom was more meh. I served them with hot sauce, ketchup, and chipotle mayo- all things the twins love. Totally a kid friendly meal!

I couldn't get them to cook through in the skillet. Ended up baking them in the oven for a bit. Turned out drier than I'd have liked. Next time I'll use a fattier ground chicken. I think if I control the heat on the stove top better, I'll get a better result. That's my problem :D

So I took my problem back to the kitchen for round 2 and this time was brilliant! Of course, I'm over exaggerating. But they cooked in the pan all the way through- turn down the heat and then turn down the heat some more. And I used 93% instead of 97% lean ground turkey. Don't be afraid of the fat! Blue cheese and Texa Pete were tonight's toppings of choice. I started with a small plate. Four meatballs is a serving if you're starving! Two was enough for tonight and 3 each fed the boys. One of my new mottos: Start small, if you really want it go for seconds. (Nutrition Data via My Fitness Pal recipe importer.) Make these meatballs!
Nutrition Facts
Servings 4.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 427
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 32 g49 %
Saturated Fat 3 g16 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179 mg60 %
Sodium 469 mg20 %
Potassium 48 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 9 g3 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g18 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 31 g62 %
Vitamin A8 %
Vitamin C1 %
Calcium9 %
Iron20 %


No comments:

Post a Comment