Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cookies!

I've been feeling like cookies for a week now. I'm avoiding the cookie aisle at the grocery store, but those haven't really been what I wanted. I really wanted a shortbread-like cookie. And I found one! Again from the most amazing Maria at the Keto Adapted blog. Her "Healthified" Christmas Cookie was a recipe I had to try!

Since my cupboard was bare of almond extract, I used orange extract. I think a teaspoon of that was a tad too much, but over all I liked the flavor. These were super easy to make. Mix, roll, chill, cut, bake!
the last of the poor cookies!

My nephews got up in the middle of the night and ate half a log of cookie dough. They devoured the cookies and my 3 year old niece ate a couple and then one more. Mom and a sister-in-law thought they were okay, but I had a friend who absolutely hated them (he has no taste). I liked them with almond milk. I like them with tea. I ate them for breakfast. Totally fixed my cookie craving!

So fixed, or maybe fed, my cookie craving I baked 2 more batches (ran out of almond flour! WAA!). One with vanilla extract and one with almond extract. They vanished before I got a photo. Hint: they look exactly like the other ones... Almond is probably my favorite, but now I'm thinking I'd like to try it with coffee and maple! So many extracts! No more almond flour :(

"How can you eat some many cookies and still lose weight!" you might ask. Check out the nutrition on these cookies! (from My Fitness Pal recipe importer) and it helps if you eat them just before you follow 3 year olds around a bounce house.
Like a ghost town once someone screamed, "CAKE!"
This is a workout! All gyms should have these!


Easiest Christmas Cookie Ever!
Nutrition Facts
Servings 24.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 128
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12 g19 %
Saturated Fat 4 g21 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23 mg8 %
Sodium 101 mg4 %
Potassium 19 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 3 g1 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g7 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g6 %
Vitamin A4 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium3 %
Iron4 %

No comments:

Post a Comment