Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Overcooked?
Thanksgiving was a challenge for me. I'd only been a few weeks keto and I was terrified that if I slipped up, I'd be rolling in a dirty gutter. I wanted so many things that just weren't going to work for me. I'm still trying to keto-fy some of my favorite recipes. Maybe one day I will get there, but if I don't I can live without them. Living low carb doesn't have to be depriving or limiting. You just have to have the courage to say no to the bad choices and be willing to work hard to make good ones.


Speaking of good choices. This is the dessert I made for Thanksgiving. From the amazing site I Breathe... I'm Hungry... is this fabulous Pumpkin Cheesecake. Low carb, gluten free, delicious. I didn't make the crust she made. I'm a bit of a crust snob and I opted for a nut crumb crust so I didn't have to compare my White Lily Flour crust that's truly brag worthy.

As you can see, my filling cracked. My mom can make a cheese cake with nary a crack. Mine looks like the Grand Canyon. Doesn't change the flavor :D What I like best about this recipe is that Melissa gives the spices separately. That makes it easy to change up to your taste, so I added extra cloves. I love that warm spice. Made a second batch of the filling replaced the spice list with 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and baked it like a casserole. Also amazing. No pictures of that pumpkin pudding; it was devoured while my head was turned. The twins love pumpkin pudding. I used Swerve sweetener in the pie and Monk Fruit in the Raw in the pudding. Both worked. Didn't notice much difference in sweetness.

This made my taste buds happy. Going to try the crust next week. I'm working very hard to get over my crust snobbery. Is there something you just don't want to try on keto because your taste was so particular to one thing?

Nutrition Data from MFP recipe importer on just the filling.
Nutrition Facts
Servings 8.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 151
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12 g19 %
Saturated Fat 7 g34 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110 mg37 %
Sodium 261 mg11 %
Potassium 206 mg6 %
Total Carbohydrate 9 g3 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g8 %
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g11 %
Vitamin A200 %
Vitamin C5 %
Calcium5 %
Iron10 %

No comments:

Post a Comment