Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sick Day(s)

I have a cold! My nose doesn't work. My taste buds are on vacation. I'm barely keeping my head in the game! I did survive another birthday party. I felt fine on Saturday when I was running with the 3 year-olds at the Bounce House. Sunday wasn't so great, but Monday! There was so much to do for the twins' birthday party and I was downing cold meds all day.

Their birthday wish list consisted of cookie dough, Krispy Kreme donuts, Redi Whip, candy bars, chocolate mike and a new pump for their bikes and basketballs. Oh, and basketball cakes and Mamaw to make pizza - homemade crust! I miss that. Then she used the leftover dough to make bread. Warm, yeasty, golden crust bread... I wanted to slather on a ton of butter and bury my face in it. Watching the pizza and cake and ice cream and then the boys birthday presents created a hazy kind of desire for crap. The only thing I could smell was the bread.

Into the woods!
The things I miss with keto living. There is no viable substitute for yeast bread.


Back to the cold, I want to blame Mom. Or either of my little nieces. Or any of my many nephews... The COLD has been going around. Mom even went to the doctor because she thought she had the flu. It's not. Surprisingly, I'm not as sick as I should be. *knock on wood* *so other this*

I woke feeling crappy. It's cold and gray. My throat hurts. For some reason, I thought taking a hike would be a great idea. No. Just no. About 1/4 mile into the trail it started to drizzle. I thought about turning around, but figured it would lighten up. No. It started sleeting. The trail was slick. My asthma kicked in - no inhaler.

Who am I kidding. It was a brilliant idea! I was damp, cold, sucking air like a fish, BUT I felt productive. Better. I'm going to drink some more turkey broth, make another pot of hot tea and be completely better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment